In July 2018 in Zernez, Swizzerland, a one week International River Youth Camp took place along the River Inn. It was co-organised by the two partners Fundaziun Pro Tierra Engadiena, and the french IRSTEA.
The goal? To engage young people in participatory integrated water resources management
Thanks to Fundaziun Pro Terra Engiadina, participants had the opportunity to use premises of the Swiss National Park in Zernez, which offered us great work conditions.
There were several objectives to this camp :
- Discovering and testing participatory methods developed by IRSTEA,
- Building and sharing a specific vision of what is participation,
- Meeting other young people concerned by integrated water resources management,
- Presenting a river, taking it as a case study and preparing a participatory process,
- Becoming a “river ambassador”.
The camp was successfully held, with 21 participants aged between 15 and 30 years from an amazing 11 different nationalities joigning!
Find attached the minutes of the week.
A report by: Melaine Aucante, from IRSTEA