Meeting of Action Group Leaders, 16 June 2016
Established within the AlpGov-Project and composed by all Action Group leading institutions, the EUSALP Board of Action Group Leaders (BAGL) is meant as a tool to supporting official EUSALP bodies. In doing so, it aims at ensuring:
- Horizontal coherence among AGs tackling all policy fiels.
- Thematically steering the EUSALP implementation process and a smooth vertical interface to all levels of EUSALP governance model, especially between coordination level (EB) and implementation level (AGs).
The BAGL is composed by all Action Group leading institutions from all nine EUSALP Action Groups. EC DG Regio, other line DGs and EB members are invited as observers to the meetings. Specific experts may participate in BAGL meetings upon invitation.
- Meets twice a year (whenever possible back to back with a meeting of the EB).
- Is chaired by the responsible AlpGov work package responsible jointly with the EC DG Regio.
- Is meant to be an EUSALP internal coordination unit, not as a decision making body (no being part of the official EUSALP governance model).
- May have two formats:
- Coordination sessions will deal with internal governance issues and will aim at the harmonization of working methods.
- Thematic sessions will focus on cross-sectoral thematic issues to develop synergies and possible joint activities or manage conflicts.
Tasks of the BAGL
Tasks of the BAGL should include:
- Supporting cooperation between AGL and with the EB by ensuring flow of information between AGs and to/from the EB and by harmonizing procedures especially.
- Coordinating developed project criteria in order to strengthen comparability, equal treatment and smart external perception (e.g. via funding programmes).
- Facilitating dialogue between EB and AGs by developing decision support documents e.g. for reporting routines from AGs to EB.
- Raising specific potential for a better cross-sectoral integration by identifying thematic synergies and joint initiatives.
- Solving conflicting interests (e.g. of single projects) and provide solutions for conflict management.
- Better harmonizing work plans of single AGs (e.g. time-lines, milestones) and provide information e.g. for the EUSALP Knowledge Platform and web-page.