The Alpine Space programme is a European transnational cooperation programme for the Alpine region.
The programme is financed through the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) as well as through national public and private co-funding of the Partner States. The programme is investing € 2.036.558 in ASTUS project The ERDF co-financing rate is of 85%.
Spatial planning and mountain Department (FR)
AURA is an administrative body with competencies in different topics including transport, spatial planning and land use. French Regions are in charge of spatial planning and intermodality with a special responsibility towards other territorial levels. They are considered as leaders and need to produce integrated and strategic planning documents that will be taken in account by municipalities while producing their own planning documents. The ASTUS project is linked to land use and transport policies.
Within the ASTUS partnership, AURA is Lead Partner and responsible fo work packages Management and Communication. AURA organized ASTUS European launching event and contribute to all project activities. In Auvergne-Rhone-Alps region, ASTUS will be implemented in 4 pilote sites located in rural and mountainous areas. AURA support local decision-makers and lead a continuous work with his local stakeholders (pilote sites and observers) to build in each pilot sites, local low CO2 scenarios, strategies and actions plans. AURA disseminate this project results on various networks.
Contact point: Carlos CARRACEDO - email@example.com
Spatial planning Department (AT)
Contact point: Walter RIEDLER - firstname.lastname@example.org
Centre East Territorial Division of Cerema is competent in fields such as economics, mobility services and supply, land use planning and environment. Cerema have experiences in leading projects in line with national and local authorities. Related to the general topics of the ASTUS project, they develop expertise in implementing sustainable and innovative mobility solutions in sparsely populated, rural and / or mountain territories. They develop processes to support local stakeholders in the implementation of transportation and land uses policies, thanks to both qualitative and quantitative tools, methods and skills.
Within the ASTUS partnership Cerema is work package 1 assistant. The main output of this first work package is a territorial alpine space typology. Also, Cerema develop relevant tool in work package 2 dedicated to decision making tools for low carbon scenarios (assessment of urban sprawl and land uses in line with low CO2 emissions). They accompany local decision-makers through methods and workshops to build local actions plans, and enlist and disseminate results on various networks.
Studio ISPACE (AT)
As a part of the national research organisation Research Studios Austria, the Research Studio iSPACE operates at the interface between universities and enterprises. The working group Smart Settlement Systems focuses on the development of decision support and operative planning systems in the context of spatial and traffic planning, sustainable energy, quality of life, eco-mobility and multimodal mobility chains. MORECO and ASTUS are two major projects referring to sustainable and intelligent mobility and behaviour.
Within the ASTUS partnership, the Research Studio iSPACE is responsible for work package 1 as lead partner. In that course, iSPACE coordinates the production and completion of questionnaires for the ASTUS pilot sites together with CEREMA, analyses the gathered information against their strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats in order to feed and develop the ASTUS transnational territorial typology. Moreover, iSPACE further develops the MORECO tool to contribute to the overall ASTUS objectives, especially by implementing an option for calculating individual transport emissions. iSPACE assists local decision makers to build local action plans by providing tools, GIS-based analysis and through workshops.
Contact point: Thomas PRINZ - email@example.com
Contact point: Andrej GULIC - firstname.lastname@example.org
Piemont Delegation (IT)
UNCEM represents the mountainous territories grouping the mountain union communities, 553 mountains Municipalities and other authorities. UNCEM have a strong experience in transnational and interregional projects (Demo-Change, Moreco) and is a part of the European Networks. UNCEM Piemonte has the capacity to mobilize more than 500 Municipalities at Regional level and to involve at Regional and National levels the Governments in order to promote accessibility and legislative innovations of the existing instruments in the framework of transport and planning policies of mountain areas.
UNCEM will contribute to all WP, especially in WPC for transferring innovative planning and transport solutions into the regional and local policies helping decision makers to evaluate the better solutions to minimize CO2 emissions.
EU co-financed projects and other international projects: INTERREG ASP: Alpwaterscarce, ClimAlpTour, DemoChange and Moreco. Central Europe Programme : E2BEBEIS, ADAPT2DC and RETURN)
Contact point: Pietro MIGNONE - email@example.com
- Regional Planning Association Graz (AT).
- Land Salzburg, department for housing and spatial planning (AT).
- Regional Association Pongau (AT).
- Alpine Convention (AT).
- Ministry for Transport, Innovation and Technology (AT).
- Salzburger transport association (AT).
- Bavarian State Office of the Environment, Multidisciplinary Tasks (DE).
- District Government of Upper Bavaria, Section of Regional Policy (DE).
- Planning Association of the Greater Munich Area (DE).
- Municipality of Haar (DE).
- Municipality of Neubiberg (DE).
- Munich Metropolitan Region (DE).
- County of Ebersberg (DE).
- Fraunhofer Institute for Systems and Innovation Research ISI (DE).
- County of Fürstenfeldbruck (District Office of Fürstenfeldbruck) (DE).
- County of Starnberg (District Office of Starnberg) (DE).
- County of Munich (District Office of Munich) (DE).
- Stockholm County Council, Growth and regional planning administration (SE).
- Derek Halden Consultancy Ltd. (DHC) (UK).
- Association of local authorities of Saint Marcellin (FR).
- Association of local authorities in Sud Grésivaudan (FR).
- Association of local authorities of French Genevois (FR).
- Association of local authorities of Bas Chablais (FR).
- Association of local authorities of Coeur de Savoie (FR).
- Association of local authorities of Bourne à l'Isère (FR).
- Association of local authorities of Collines du Léman (FR).
- Association of local authorities of Vinay Chambaran (FR).
- City council of Saint Marcellin (FR).
- Metropole Savoie (FR).
- Association of local authorities of French Genevois (Metropolitan Pole of the French Genevois) (FR).
- Agglomeration of the Grand Annecy (FR).
- Metropole of Grenoble-Alps Metropole (FR).
- Departmental Council of Haute-Savoie (FR).
- Departmental Council of Savoie (FR).
- Natural regional park of Massif des Bauges (FR).
- Ecomobility agency (FR).
- Rhônalpenergie-Environnement (FR).
- CIPRA France (FR).
- Grenoble region urbanism agency (FR).
- State’s Public Works National School (FR).
- Rhone-Alps Center of Studies and Ressources regarding Land Use (FR).
- Departmental Authority of Savoie Territory (FR).
- Departmental Authority of Haute Savoie Territory (FR).
- Departmental Authority of Isère Territory (FR).
- National Research Institute of Sciences and Technology for Environment and Agriculture, Grenoble Centre, ‘Mountain Territories Development’ Research Unit (Irstea, UR DTM) (FR).
- Urban planning agency of Saint-Etienne (FR).
- Urban and regional planning community (CEAT) Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (CH).
- Urbanism Agency of Besançon (FR).
- Geographic research laboratory ThéMA – Joint Research Unit 6049 Scientific Research National Center – University of Franche-Comté (FR).
- Urbanism Agency of Belfort Territory (FR).
- Energy Cities (FR).
- Pays Lédonien (FR).
- Association of local authorities in Pays Horloger for a balanced development of territories (FR).
- Veneto Region (IT).
- Dolomites UNESCO Foundation (IT).
- Dolomiti Bus Ltd (IT).
- Union of Municipalities Langa Astigiana (IT).
- Piedmont Region Transport department (IT).
- Ministry of the Environment and Spatial Planning, Directorate for Spatial planning, construction and housing (SI).
- Ministry of Infrastructure of the Republic of Slovenia (SI).
- The City Municipality of Novo mesto (SI).
- Municipality of Škofja Loka (SI).