This “Status quo analysis report” provides both scientific insights about Mountain-Oriented Education (MOE) from multiple perspectives and an overview of current practical implementation examples.
It includes methodology, results and conclusions of several surveys as well as a comprehensive collection of MOE practices throughout the Alps.
The overall aim is to identify success factors and recommendations for the implementation of MOE in the Alpine space and beyond.
It consists of five major pillars:
• An internal survey among all project partners about their perceptions and concepts of MOE is a first step towards a common understanding of MOE
• The most relevant questions emerged from the previous Chapter are included in a survey for young beneficiaries (10-30 years old) who are the main target group of the activities
• A second survey addressing practitioners in formal and non-formal education sectors presents the perspective of educators
• This part is completed by a survey involving stakeholders from NGOs, legacy, protected areas and other domains who are currently key decision-makers in the field
• A collection of best practice examples of MOE from France, Italy, Slovenia, Germany and Austria providing an overview of the status-quo in terms of practical implementation