The Autonomous Region of Friuli Venezia Giulia and the Port System Authority of Eastern Adriatic Sea organized the last dialogue event of the AlpInnoCT project on 29 November in Trieste. The title of the event was "Freight modal shift: challenges, opportunities, perspectives". After a presentation of the project and of the ICT pilot action on intermodal transport, some regional and nationaloperators of the sector discussed about the potential of the modal shift from road to rail for the freight transport system in a round table. The participants to the round table:
• Giuseppe Casini - Adriafer S.r.l.
• Carlo De Giuseppe – RFI-Rete Ferroviaria Italiana
• Mario Corazzi - Rail Cargo Carrier-Italy S.r.l.
• Harald Schmittner - Rail Traction Company S.p.A.
• Walter Gregori – Freight Forwardes Associationof the Port of Trieste Aspt-Astra