Regional Development Agency of Northern Primorska Ltd. Nova Gorica
The Regional Development Agency of Northern Primorska Ltd. Nova Gorica (RRA SEVERNE PRIMORSKE d.o.o. Nova Gorica, SI) was founded in 1999 with the aim of uniting all local, regional and national potential and implementing nationally and internationally funded development projects. Its purpose is to identify within its environment the needs arising in the economic, social and environmental sectors and to promote the development of the region.
- to promote the comprehensive development in the economic, social, environmental and spatial sector of the Goriška Statistical Region;
- to prepare and implement the regional development programme and other common development programmes;
- to advise and promote the development in the innovation and technology sectors;
- to support local enterprise and create a modern business infrastructure;
- to obtain local and foreign funding sources;
- to be a kind and useful agency to all subjects within the region;
- to promote the regional development in Slovenia, as well as among other EU member states and acceding states;
- to improve through its activities the standards of living all who live in the Northern Primorska Region.
- Centre for Human Resource Development, which takes care of the constant development of human resources in order to increase the competitiveness of companies and employment of citizens;
- Local Business Centre, which stimulates the development of small and medium sized enterprises and promotes the integration of innovation activities;
- Department for Regional Development, which ensures a coordinated sustainable development within the Goriška Statistical Region;
- Department of Rural Development, which stimulates the development of rural areas, develops partnerships in order to realize development initiatives and strengthen development, as well as ensures the preparation and implementation of the Local Development Strategy.
The RDA of Northern Primorska Ltd. Nova Gorica works closely with its 6 founding municipalities and other municipalities in the Goriška Region. It is also one of the 4 development agencies of the Regional Development Agency Network of Northern Primorska, which participated at the preparation of the Regionale Development Paln (RDP) of Northern Primorska for the periods 2007-2013 and 2014-2020. The development agency also features the Head of the Economic Committee and the Head of the Tourism Committee for the area of Northern Primorska (Goriška Development Region).
Within AlpFoodway project, the RDA of Northern Primorska Ltd. Nova Gorica conducts an analysis of secondary sources to identify best/worst practices in the commercial valorization and exploitation of the Alpine Food Intangible Cultural Heritage, in-depth studies and digital ethnography. It intends to capitalize SUSTCULT SEE project results, working on the creation of GIS map of Intangible Cultural Heritage and the definition of a Management Plans defining how the values of Intangible Cultural Heritage can be preserved.