ASTUS MID-TERM CONFERENCE IN THE AUSTRIAN PILOT REGION PONGAU
ASTUS presented first results and outputs during the Mid-term Conference organised partner SIR in Werfenweng, Salzburg, Austria on June 26th 2018.
Almost 60 international experts and stakeholders from the fields of mobility and regional planning participated in the meeting. Project partners and observers, representatives from the Alpine Convention, the EU Strategy for the Alpine Region EUSALP and local politics and administration of pilot regions have taken the opportunity to exchange views on smart transport solutions and urbanism.
Speakers and participants intensively exchanged examples of low-CO2-mobility practises in the regions of Graz, Munich and Werfenweng, which were accompanied by an overview of current ASTUS transnational outputs, approaches and tools. Peter Brandauer, mayor of Werfenweng – and winner of many awards for sustainable transportation strategies – guided a walking tour and practical demonstrations of “smart mobility solutions” for locals and tourists (e.g. successful e-car sharing for a new housing estate).
Mid-term conference – presentations
- Key note: Steering mobility – thinking environment (Bernd Gassler)
- ASTUS project: objectives and activities – progress, overview of topics and pilot sites (Maxime Bouly)
- Challenges, potential measure for low CO2 scenarios & GIS-based planning tools supporting integrative settlement and mobility planning – current results WP1+2 (Thomas Prinz & Benjamin Büttner)
- ASTUS scenario approaches in practice (1) (Gesa Volpers)
- ASTUS scenario approaches in practice (2) (David Caubel)
- Preview / next steps – strategies, action plans, recommendations (Florence Catanese, Susa Tulikoura & Lena Tourbot)
- E-mobile municipality of Werfenweng (Peter Brandauer)