Common Territorial Challenge
Outstanding value of the Alpine natural and cultural environment.
Energy Efficiency of Buildings as one of the key actions for the sustainable growth.
Historic architecture of the Alpine region is a key factor for sustainable development in the social, ecological and economic sense.
- Up to 60% of buildings in rural areas can be considered “historic”!
Similarity in building types, construction materials and climatic conditions.
Sustainable development of historic buildings has a positive effect on:
- use of the existing infrastructure;
- limitation of land use changes;
- decrease of rural depopulation;
- promotion of sustainable tourism;
- reduction of the ecological footprint.