Platrock is a platform of models to help experts in the characterization of rockfall hazard. This multi-model platform is freely accessible via internet but requires a login and password.
To do so, send an email to email@example.com who will give you access rights.
Currently Platrock offers access to five models:
- RetroRock: Rock trajectory retro-analysis based on terrain impact measurements between two consecutives impacts (RockTheAlps product). Trees can be integrated as silent witnesses in the ballistic retro-calculation.
- Rock-EU-2D: Analysis tool of 2D profile based on KNN approach and the statistical analysis of the European Rockfall past events database (RockTheAlps product).
- Rock-EU-Mapping: Large-scale mapping of the protection forests at a spatial resolution of 25 m using Copernicus data for the soil parameters requested by the model (RockTheAlps product used for providing the first Alpine Space protective forests map).
- PlatRock 2D: Material point rockfall physical simulation based on rebounds, free flights and rolls on soil. This model offer the possibility to integrate or not the forest cover.
- PlatRock 2DShape: 2D Rockfall physical simulation tool using Siconos engine, modelling rocks shapes as polygons. This model offer the possibility to integrate or not the forest cover.
- PlatRock 3D: 3D Rockfall physical simulation tool modelling rocks shapes as spheres or polygons (Siconos engine) and using a triangular irregular network for modeling the terrain. This model offer the possibility to integrate or not the forest cover.
If you want to participate in the development of Platrock (feedbacks, past events database, knowledge base, model development...) send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Model codes are freely available via the server https://gitlab.com/platrock/platrock