To increase the impact of the Smart Specialisation Strategy implementation within Alpine Space Area.
The current implementation of the S3 within Alpine Space Area does not show the needed effects. The causes might be a lack of experience among regions on how to implement S3, a lack of alignment between the regions, and a lack of knowledge about S3 another regions. In addition, cluster policies did not reflect enough a real economic and entrepreneurial dynamic.
To improve the framework conditions for innovation induced by clusters and their SMEs.
1. Initiate mutual knowledge exchange and learning of regional policy makers from different regions in involving quadruple helix actors.
2. Facilitate innovation and gain critical mass through cluster initiatives across regions with strong technology orientation and high complementarity.
3. Initiate trans-regional cluster to cluster cooperation in involving quadruple helix actors.
Innovation within participating Alpine Space Regions increased trough better implemented and aligned S3 by better use of clusters in participating regions; new tools and methodologies available to non-participating regions.
Multi-level stakeholders represented by quadruple helix actors involved in smart technologies, creatives industries, eco-innovation, digitalisation and circular economy.
1. Joint transnational cluster action plan.
2. Fully developed synchronised scheme.
3. Innovation model for cluster development.
4. New services validated by pilot clusters.