The public conference will be held at
Palazzo Grandi Stazioni –
Fondamenta S. Lucia, Cannaregio 23
30121 Venice “Sala Conferenze” (2nd floor)
Only registered guests can access the conference room.
TRAVEL AND GENERAL INFORMATION
Venice is easily reachable by train.
The only railway station in Venice is Santa Lucia. It is connected to the rest of Italy with Eurostar, Intercity, Interregional and local trains.
Train timetables can be found on the website of the State Railways at www.trenitalia.it
Venice is also reachable by plane.
The nearest airport is the international Marco Polo Airport which is located 12 km overland and 10 km over water from Venice https://www.veniceairport.it/
The airport is well connected to the city by public transportation lines (water and land) and to the rail station in Venice.
To reach directly Venice from the airport you can take:
1) TAXI: it takes 20-25 minutes to bring you at Piazzale Roma in Venice; the price is approximately 40 euro. Radiotaxi Venezia e Mestre
2) Shuttle Bus ATVO
ATVO shuttle buses every 30 minutes and will take you directly to Piazzale Roma in Venice in about 20 minutes.
The single ticket price (luggage included) is € 8,00. Return ticket is € 15,00.
You can purchase the ticket:
- on-line. Click the button 'LOW COST TICKET BUS ON-LINE' at the following link: http://www.atvo.it/index.php?lang=en&area=23&menuid=35#
- in Venice Marco Polo Airport:
- at automatic ATVO ticket machine in the baggage claim hall;
- at ATVO ticket office in the arrivals hall (open from 8.00 a.m. to 11.45 p.m - tel.+390421594672);
-at automatic ticket machines located outside the airport, in the ATVO departure bays.
- in Venice:
- at ATVO ticket office in Piazzale Roma (tel. +39 0421594671)
- at automatic ATVO ticket machine outside the ticket office
Check the bus timetable on: http://www.atvo.it/allegati/aeroporti/linea_35_dal_28.10.18_al_30.03.2019.pdf
3) Public services: Information about the public transport in Venice are available at the web site http://actv.avmspa.it
The Marco polo airport is connected to Venice Piazzale Roma by the Lines n. 5 Aerobus with buses starting every 30 minutes.
The single ticket price (luggage included) is € 8,00 (validity 75 minutes).
Return ticket is € 15,00 (validity 75 minutes).
There is also the possibility to buy a ticket for Aerobus and boat at the price of € 14,00 (validity 90 minutes).
The single ticket price for the boat is € 7,00. You can purchase the ticket: on line : www.veneziaunica.it or at Actv/Venezia Unica ticket office or automatic ticket machine situated at Marco Polo airport arrivals hall and in Venice Piazzale Roma.
You can check the timetable on: http://actv.avmspa.it/sites/default/files/attachments/pdf/UM/U-5.pdf (pg. 2)
Remember always to validate the ticket on bus or boat.
You can have more general information at VENEZIA UNICA (info point)
Call center: +39 041 2424 / +39 041272.2660 / Fax +39 041272.2663