OurAlps network is one of the main outputs of YOUrALPS project.
OurAlps is an international mountain-oriented education network in the Alps. It connects professionals working in the field of education with the aim of developing and promoting mountain-oriented education in Alpine areas.
Who is it open to?
OurAlps is open to any individual or organization interested in Mountain-oriented Education in the Alps and sharing the values of the network. Membership may include specialists on Mountain oriented Education or professionals and volunteers in the field of education, mountain protection, tourism, heritage conservation. The members of the network can thus be: individuals, associations, firms, communities, public administrations, free-lancers, protected areas, local operators, young people, …
The values defined by OurAlps members:
- Openness: open-minded attitude, promotion of differences, creating common values but also valorizing specificities …
- Dialogue: respect, open dialogue, consultation, cohesion, goodwill, free speaking, exchange, ability to understand others …
- Cooperation: mutual cooperation, active participation, individual and collective responsibility, effective exchange of knowledge and experience, international cooperation, synergy, solidarity, partnerships …
- Community: sharing a community, cohesion, a common Alpine identity, shared cultural growth …
- Operationality: quality, creativity, efficiency, sustainability, staying connected to the field (concrete and hands-on tools / solutions,…), evaluation, …
- Neutrality: the network is apolitical and non-religious.
Governance for the period 2017-2019
The International Mountain-oriented Education Network will be set-up and its actors gathered throughout this period that corresponds to the time span of YOUrALPS.
During this period:
- Decisions are taken by YOUrALPS project partners, under the coordination of the three founding networks (Alparc, CIPRA, Educ’alpes) and consulting local actors (e.g. the individuals and structures registered on the general list of discussion),
- Different scenarios will be created and studied to provide the network with an official, independent status,
- The Alpine actors will be identified and gathered through the webplatform and the lists of discussion.
Charter of OurAlps International Network
This is a first operational version of the Charter for OurAlps, the International Network of Mountain-oriented Education in the Alps and it is conceived to be expanded throughout the duration of the YOUrALPS project.
The aims of this document are:
- to define the values shared within the network
- to clarify the aims of the network and its operating procedures
- to be a reference tool for the actors of the network
The Charter is divided in four parts. After outlining the General Context of Mountain-oriented Education (MoE) in the Alps, the Charter describes what the network OurAlps is, who are the actors and subjects involved and what are the objectives it is meant to achieve. The documents also gives some information about the operational organisation of the network and its relations with other actors, subjects and bodies within each country of the Alps and on the international level. The last part of the Charter will be completed during 2019 with strategic perspectives of how the network will evolve in 2020-2025.