While sustainability assessment tools are already well-established for buildings and small urban areas, such tools do not yet exist for the built environment at the level of terri-tories. CESBA Alps aims to improve the sustainability of the Alpine built environment through the development of the first assessment tool at territorial scale, which will be contextual-ized to regional specificities.
Through objective criteria and performance indicators ad-dressing all dimensions of sustainability, the tool will support the sustainability assessment of a territory, the definition of objective performance targets, the decision making in plan-ning processes and the implementation and monitoring of effective low carbon policies.
CESBA-Alps at a glance
Innovative policies for sustainable territories
- We promote and facilitate the use and implementation of assessment tools at territorial level in low carbon policies and planning activities.
- We set reliable, measurable and verifiable performance targets in policies and territorial plans
Sustainability Assessment Tools for Alpine Space Territories
- We produce a sustainability assessment tool for territories (CESBA STT), which will be contextualized for each pilot region.
- We create the necessary conditions for the implementation, use and adoption by of the regional CESBA STT tools.
- A CESBA Alpine Space Passport with common Key performance indicators (CESBA KPI) allows the comparison of different regions.
Pilot testing: territorial assessment and training
- We produced a guideline, a toolbox for implementation, and we support pilot testing and training on local level.
- 9 local CESBA Committees (CLCs) will be developed to implement and test the CESBA STT tool in the pilot regions.
- The 9 pilot regions are: Liechtenstein, Lombardia, Pro-vence Alpes Côte d’Azur, Piemonte, Auvergne, Rhône Alpes, Slovenia, Upper Bavaria, Veneto and Vorarlberg.
The CESBA Alps project is part of the transnational CESBA-initiative,
ensuring the durability and transferability of results across Alpine space regions.
For more information contact us!