About SMART ALTITUDE
The overall objective is to provide decision-makers with a full operational planning tool for a low carbon economy in winter tourism regions.
The aim of the project is to demonstrate the effectiveness of a tool that contributes to reducing energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions in Living Labs (ski resorts) and to promote the adoption of low carbon measures in winter tourism regions.
Project outputs / activities
- Territorial potential assessment tool for policymakers and operators based on key technical, economic and governance indicators (GHG emissions, usage, cost, seasonality, ownership etc.).
- Toolkit on policy implementation approaches, outlining key steps, arbitrations, stakeholders, examples and recommendations.
- Living Labs validating economic, financial and operational models but also innovation needs to make low-carbon operations investible.
- Planning model for optimized adaptation strategies involving all territorial stakeholders to maximize the impact of low-carbon policies.
- Replication roadmap entailing recommendations for local and regional policymakers and identification of 20 sites with high potential.
- Network of low-carbon winter tourism regions to foster adaptation strategies at regional, Alpine and European levels.