MELINDA generates a participative development of a low carbon and sustainable urban, suburban and transnational mobility by smoothing the way to citizen awareness and engagement, through a better understanding of user demand and conceiving alternative/innovative modalities. Its general objective is to support policy making on mobility, air quality, territorial development, contributing to EU/local strategies. MELINDA implements a social innovation approach aimed at inducing a behavioural change in the mobility; such change is targeted thanks to a very innovative bottom-up initiative that includes:
- Better integrating of data on mobility and mobility services, and on air quality, especially at transnational level, where data are generally not corresponding and on other factors that affect mobility (such as weather conditions).
- Real-time monitoring of mobility behaviours and mobility patterns during a test (by means of a mobile app to collect data on volunteering citizens’ movements and analytics to understand their behaviour and mobility patterns in real-time).
- Increasing citizen awareness through the real-time suggestion of more sustainable styles and modes (by means of a mobile app to represent information, offer alternative solutions, give evidences on carbon impacts).
- Supporting the development of value-added services for multimodality and modal shift.
- Participatory policy-making/action-planning based on the test results and consistent with the value-added services, realized during a transnational open lab.
The well-amalgamated and complementary MELINDA partnership will make it possible to enable a wide inter-exchange benefit at transnational level and benefit from different Country approaches to modal shift thanks to the integration of data, use of common tools and blending of experiences, as well as the combination of policy-making and action planning activity.