In the last few months, our staff in the IRNSC/ZRSVN has organized several occasions to start involving schools and stakeholders in our project, I-SWAMP.
Trying to involve schools we organized the following activities:
- In October 2022, Lenka Stermecki and Jurij Tamše held a workshop on wetland conservation and nature dedicated to kindergarten and primary school pupils in Črna na Koroškem: the kids were offered funny games and educational activities, to learn something about wetlands while having fun.
- In October 2022, our staff presented I-SWAMP in the annual seminar for teachers: in this occasion they presented the topic of Alpine wetlands, which will be the main topic for dissemination activities in the 2023/2024 school year; the meeting was held in Dravograd
Involving schools is a fundamental goal of our project, since the kids of today will manage the land tomorrow: it is vital that we raise their awareness about the beauty and importance of wetlands.
We also started involving several important stakeholders, starting from the scientific community, professionals and university students:
- In January 2023 and April 2023 we organized two internal meetings to present the project to the IRNSC staff; they are the most influent professionals in nature conservation in Slovenia, and so it is important that the activities and outputs of the project be known to them;
- In April 2023 we organized a workshop dedicated to the local forestry service in the occasion of an event organized under the ZAGON project; foresters can have great impact on natural habitats, so it’s vital that they be aware of such an important group of habitats, such as wetlands;
- In April 2023 we organized some workshops for university students in some wetlands of the Drava river, in order to show them good practices of monitoring and conservation of wetlands.